CACI International Inc.
Certified Latent Print Examiner (LPE) Laboratory Analyst
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Charlottesville, VA US
CACI is looking for an experienced, innovative Certified Latent Print Examiner (CLPE), based out of Charlottesville, VA. You must be confident in your abilities to perform all lab operations independently in a deployed location; to include latent print development, photography, analysis, and encoding. The position requires periodic travel with team members to train students on forensic collection and exploitation. You must also be willing to participate (at a minimum of a 4-5 month) in an OCONUS deployment rotation alternating with the other CLPE team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must have extensive knowledge of scientific selection and sequencing process in the development of fingerprints
- In the CONUS or OCONUS laboratories, the laboratory analyst shall perform analyses of collected samples in accordance with all Government-specified standard operating procedures and practices.
- Compile and annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results.
- Perform administrative and/or technical reviews of reports.
- Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- Review new scientific innovation and report findings through oral and/or written reports.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, forensic vendors, and others within the community.
- As directed, the laboratory analyst shall create special reports on anomalies that occur in implementing processes; and/or develop inputs/ updates to analytical procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable briefing client, administrators, and/or large groups
- Master's degree or a bachelor's degree
- 10 years' directly relatable experience in the discipline
- 5 years' experience working in the IC environment
- Current Secret level clearance, willing to complete a CI polygraph prior to starting.
- Eligible for TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience in the examination of material for latent prints using all means available, including, specialized lighting sources, conditions, and equipment. All latent prints discovered shall be marked in a non-destructive manner.
- Experience in the comparison of latent prints to known prints / latent prints to latent prints. Examiner should be confident and have the ability to defend/explain their results. Another examiner shall verify results independently.
- Experience in the use of Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems (AFIS) for searching unidentified latent fingerprints, to include NGI (IAFIS) and the Universal Latent Workstation (ULW) application.
- Active certification by the International Association for Identification (IAI) as a Certified Latent Print Examiner (CLPE).
- Experience in photographing latent prints using photographic equipment, i.e. DSLR, RUVIS, Crime-lite Imager.
- Experience in examination of photographic images and determine whether the print has sufficient quality to make a comparison, and/or to submit to the available databases. This determination shall be in accordance with documented criteria.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Photoshop or similar software for the calibration and/or enhancement of fingerprints
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.