IAI Current Affairs
We will place items of interest to IAI members here periodically.
NIST to Establish Research Center of Excellence for Forensic Science (Open here)
FY 15 Language and Funding in the Appropriation Bills — This document lists the language for the House and Senate Bills, as well as gives you an indication of the budget allocation for the Administration, House and Senate on these particular items.
Policy Issues to Address Forensic Science — This document is to be used by members of your organization to aide in helping them determine how they can best be called into action on the grants and bills that are going on currently.
U.S. Departments of Justice and Commerce Name Experts to First-ever National Commission on Forensic Science — January 10, 2014
- View IAI Presidential Letters and Updates here
- New Report from the White House on Strengthening Forensic Science — May 16, 2014
Consortium of Forensic Science Organizations (CFSO) letter to Attorney General Eric Holder regarding the National Commission on Forensic Science – September 5, 2013
The National Forensic Science Technology Center (NFSTC) just released a vastly expanded edition of "Crime Scene Investigation, a Guide for Law Enforcement". I believe it would be of interest to members of IAI. It's available free for download from NFSTC's website at: http://tinyurl.com/okg5uct
Consortium of Forensic Science Organizations (CFSO) Newsletters
Consortium of Forensic Science Organizations (CFSO) letter to the White House — November 28, 2012
Senate bill 3378, Forensic Science and Standards Act of 2012
CFSO Congressional Updates
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Law Enforcement Standards Office (OLES)
- Latent Print Examination and Human Factors: Improving the Practice through a Systems Approach report — February 2012
NAS Executive Summary related documents:
- Memo to IAI members by President Robert J. Garrett — February 19, 2009
- IAI Response to Senator Patrick Leahy, Chairman, Senate Committee on the Judiciary — March 18, 2009
- Scientific Working Group on Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (SWGSTAIN) response to NAS Executive Summary
- CFSO Position Paper in Response to the NAS Study