- About Us
Fingerprint Examiner (Minutiae Analyst)
3M is seeking a Part-Time Automated Finger Imaging System (AFIS) Minutiae Analyst for the 3M Cogent Biometrics Business located in Latham, NY. Be part of what's next!
The person hired for the position of Fingerprint Examiner (Minutiae Analyst) will work part-time to examine processed live-scanned fingerprints and evaluate their quality for retention in the NYS OTDA AFIS; improve the quality and integrity of digitized computer images through enhancement of fingerprint details and system encoding; perform examinations and comparisons between newly-acquired search fingerprints and existing database fingerprints to determine positive identification; prepare reports on the types and quantities of fingerprints processed and their results; and perform related duties as assigned. The person hired for this part-time position will be required to work a bi-weekly alternating schedule: 9:30AM to 6:00PM Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday one week; then 9:30AM to 6:00PM Thursday and Friday the next week.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The timely performance of fingerprint review, identification and classification, to include detailed image analysis, constitutes an essential support service to the NYS OTDA and requires the highest degree of accuracy and completeness in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Examination of processed live-scanned fingerprints and evaluation of their quality for retention in the OTDA AFIS.
- Quality review of fingerprints entered into the AFIS through digital imaging techniques to improve the quality and integrity of digitized computer images through enhancement of fingerprint details and encoding.
- Manually compare fingerprint images with candidate fingerprints retrieved from AFIS in order to determine positive identification for every match found by automated system comparison.
- Prepare statistical and historical reports on the types and quantities of fingerprints.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Pattern Assignment, Verifying, and Quality Control including encoding minutiae points and removal of false minutiae.
- Experience distinguishing between searchable and non-searchable biometric fingerprints.
- High School Diploma/GED or higher.
- Completion of course certified in Basic Fingerprint and Pattern recognition.
- Automated Finger Imaging System (AFIS) certified operator
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in criminalistics, forensics, physical science, fingerprint science, criminal justice, or a closely related field.
- Satisfactorily completed an FBI Fingerprint Classification and Identification Certification Course.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly MS Word.
- Familiar with enhancement tools in Adobe Photoshop or similar photo editing software.
- Ability to organize and review work for efficient results and accuracy; to handle a multitude of diverse tasks simultaneously while maintaining an attention to detail for the purpose of ensuring accuracy in task performance and handle workload under time constraints.
- Effective facilitation, communication and teaching skills.
- Ability to understand and apply analytical and statistics tools.
- Results oriented with strong process and execution skills.
Contact Tara Kayser at TEKSystems, Albany, NY