- About Us
PAE (Formerly A-T Solutions)
Latent Print Examiner
PAE (Formerly A-T Solutions) is currently seeking a Latent Print Examiner based in Fort Gillem, GA.
May be required to travel OCONUS (as needed)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform analysis techniques to determine the existence of latent prints.
- Identify, mark, photograph, determine suitability, submit, and perform comparisons.
- Process evidence to determine the presence of latent fingerprints using any documented wet and dry laboratory process at their location. Processing methods include, but are not limited to, Cyanoacrylate fuming, stickyside paste, and dyes.
- Examine evidence for latent prints using all means available, including, specialized lighting sources, conditions, and magnification. All latent prints discovered shall be marked in a non-destructive manner.
- Photograph each latent print using photographic equipment capable of producing an image of 1000 dpi or greater. Each photograph of each latent print shall be separately serialized with each evidence item and case.
- Examine the photographic image and determine whether the print has sufficient quality to make a comparison, and/or to submit to the Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS). This determination shall be in accordance with documented criteria.
- Examine and compare latent prints to known prints. Determining a match shall be based on best professional judgment of the examiner. Another examiner shall verify matches independently.
- Document all examination results/findings in the Weapons Technical Intelligence Exploitation Analysis Tool (WEAT) database.
- Annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results.
- Perform administrative and/or technical reviews of reports and worksheets.
- Ensure proper chain of custody is maintained at all times
- Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with local laboratory procedures.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree coupled with 2-4 years' experience in the processing of material for latent prints, recovery of latents, examination, visualizing/recording latents, and evaluating latent prints in a forensics laboratory; OR an Associate's degree coupled with 5-7 years related experience; OR a High School diploma coupled with 8-10 years related experience.
- Professional certification by the International Association of Identification (IAI) is required.
- Proficiency utilizing AFIS, ABIS, and/or other National databases.
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
- Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Please visit the careers site at www.pae.com/career and filter for requisition ID#: R0008317.