- About Us
Sarasota County, Florida Sheriff's Office
Crime Scene Analyst
January 23, 2017
Hire - $33,428 - $39,650 (determined by prior related experience)
Long-term salary cap: $55,785
General Description of Duties
Perform a variety of duties that will include, but not limited to, collect and preserve prints, evidence and property. Examine crime scenes, document and photograph, when applicable, conduct tests, generate case books, coordinate with crime lab and prepare and submit investigative reports. Demonstrate competence in all aspects of the duties, including testimony at trials, in order to sustain the integrity and professionalism of the agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-2 years related experience (education may be substituted).
- Some college level science education preferred.
- Demonstrate adequate skills with regard to evidence collection and handling techniques.
- Inductive/deductive reasoning ability.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written, demonstrating awareness for human diversity to citizens and colleagues.
Applications are required and may be obtained on our website at www.sarasotasheriff.org.
For additional information contact Human Resources at 941-861-4140.
An equal opportunity employer