Please note that some of the training courses in this section, although not co-sponsored by the I.A.I., may have been approved by the respective I.A.I. Certification Boards for certification and re-certification. Please refer to the individual training class posting for this information or contact the course provider.
There is a $25 posting fee for each course.
Ongoing Online Courses
Delta Forensics Online Course: Comprehensive Latent Print Examiner Training Program
Delta Forensics is now offering a Comprehensive Online/Distance Training program in Latent Print Examination. The Comprehensive Latent Print Training Program is designed for incoming or entry-level examiners, to be trained through competency, by delivering a complete training program in a modular format in a variety of subjects. Through the use of readings, lectures, written exercises and practical components the participant will become well-versed in all aspects of latent print examination. The program is designed to be completed at the pace of the participant, and is applicable to individuals and agencies. Visit us online for a complete description of courses and registration. Details here.
NFSTC Online Course: DNA Analyst Training
NFSTC'scourse is the only DNA analyst online training with updates to conform to and include the latest FBI Quality Assurance Standards (QAS), new techniques and technologies. Your analysts will have access to a consistent knowledge base to get them up to speed quickly. Training can be accomplished in as little as 6 months, far less than the standard 12-24 months. Assessment reports are available for Technical Leaders. The program is used as the knowledge base for new analysts in the laboratory, and can also be offered as supplement to university course work. Details here.
10-Hour Online (Self-Paced) Professional Training: Minimizing Bias in Forensic Decision Making
This self-paced online professional training program focuses on Minimizing bias in Forensic Decision Making. This program covers brain and cognitive issues relating to bias and cognitive processing. It then connects the cognitive science issues to practical and specific issues in forensic decision making. In addition to knowledge about the cognitive factors in forensic decision making, the program also provides practical solutions to address weaknesses as well as best practices to enhance forensic practices. Details here.
NFSTCOnline Course: Digital Crime Scene Photography
NFSTC'sDigital Crime Scene Photography course is available online to help you get the critical knowledge and skills you need to capture fair and accurate photographic documentation of any scene. This 6-hour course covers everything from digital camera basics and lighting strategies to methods used to capture images of impression evidence and bloodstains. Learn to 'paint with light' and capture a drop of water in motion through interactive challenges and exercises. There's even a camera simulation to help you practice adjusting camera settings to obtain examination-quality photographs. In addition, information about preparing for courtroom testimony rounds out the coverage that the crime scene photographer needs to know. Details here.
NFSTCOnline Course: Intro to Crime Scene Investigation
NFSTC'sIntroduction to Crime Scene Investigation online course provides 16 hours of best practices and vetted processes. This course, developed for new crime scene investigators and law enforcement first responders, offers a step-by-step introduction to scene processing and evidence collection. Details here.
NFSTCOnline Course: Intermediate Crime Scene Investigation
Go beyond the basics to cover situations investigators don't see every day, including: casting footwear under water, lifting finger prints from skin, and bloodstain documentation. The course even includes do-it-yourself experiment ideas to help students or agency teams practice new skills. Details here.
ForensicED.org Online Continuing Education and Training in Forensic Sciences
RTI International's Center for Forensic Sciences Continuing Education Program offers online forensic science courses in crime scene investigation, forensic anthropology, law enforcement, forensic laboratory analysis, latent prints and many more areas. For a complete list of our online courses visit our training page, www.ForensicRTI.org where all of our online forensic science courses are listed.
The following classes are listed in chronological order. Click on the title to view the details of the class.
- 11/4 - 11/8 RS&A Understanding Exclusion and Sufficiency Decisions - Seattle, WA
- 11/4 - 11/8 Advanced Shooting Reconstruction - Fontana, CA
- 11/4 - 11/8 Advanced Shooting Incident Reconstruction - Lansing, MI
- 11/18 - 11/22 CSI Certification Test Preparation Course Exam Book Review: CCSI & CCSA, CSCSA - Lincoln, NE
- 11/18 - 11/22 Advanced Shooting Incident Reconstruction - Parsippany, NJ
- 12/2 - 12/6 RS&A Latent Print Search and Comparison Techniques - Glendale, CA
- 12/2 - 12/6 Crime Scene Investigations - Tuscasloosa, AL
- 12/2 - 12/6 Basic Bloodstain Pattern Recognition Course - Clearwater, FL
- 12/9 - 12/10 Firearms for the Crime Scene Investigator and Detective - Pensacola, FL
- 12/9 - 12/13 CSI Certification Test Preparation- CCSI, CCSA, CSCSA - Pasadena, CA
- 12/9 - 12/11 RS&A Digital Crime Scene and Evidence Photography - Arlington, TX
- 12/16 - 12/20 CSI Certification Test Preparation Course Exam Book Review: CCSI & CCSA, CSCSA - Pensacola, FL
- 12/16 - 12/20 RS&A Introduction to the Science of Friction Ridge Examination - Daytona Beach, FL
- 12/16 - 12/20 Advanced Crime Scene Investigation - Cottonwood, AZ
- 12/17 - 12/19 RS&A Examination of Simultaneous Impressions - Naples, FL
- 1/6 - 1/10 Shooting Reconstruction - Pensacola, FL
- 1/6 - 1/10 Basic Bloodstain Pattern Analysis - Peoria, AZ
- 1/13 - 1/15 RS&A Palm Print Comparison Techniques - Nashville, TN
- 1/13 - 1/17 CSI Certification Test Preparation, CCSI, CCSA, CSCSA - San Francisco, CA
- 1/14 - 1/16 Basic Digital Imaging - Chesterfield, VA
- 1/16 - 1/17 RS&A Courtroom Testimony Techniques - Success Instead of Survival - Nashville, TN
- 1/22 - 1/24 Staged Crime Scene Investigations - Spokane, WA
- 1/27 - 1/31 RS&A – Friction Ridge Symposium: Palms, Plantars, Tips and Toes - Kissimmee, FL
- 1/27 - 1/31 RS&A - Introduction to the Science of Friction Ridge Examination - Maynard, MA
- 1/27 - 1/29 Analysis of Distortion in Latent Prints - Glendale, CA
- 2/3 - 2/7 Basic/Advanced Forensic Photography - Irondale, AL
- 2/3 - 2/7 Essentials of Latent Print Examination Establishing Admissibility- Round Rock, TX
- 2/3 - 2/7 Basic to Intermediate Fingerprint Comparison Techniques - Richmond, TX
- 2/10 - 2/12 Courtroom Testimony: A Practical Approach - Rockport, TX
- 2/10 - 2/14 CSI Certification Test Preparation, CCSI, CCSA, CSCSA - Denver, CO
- 2/10 - 2/14 Essentials of Latent Print Examination Establishing Admissibility - McLean, VA
- 2/24 - 2/25 RS&A Comparisonof Plantar Friction Ridge Impressions - Salt Lake City, UT
- 2/24 - 2/28 RS&A IAI Latent Print Certification Test Preparation Training - Seattle, WA
- 2/24 - 2/28 CSI Certification Test Preparation, CCSI, CCSA, CSCSA - League City, TX
- 3/9 - 3/13 IAI Crime Scene Certification Preparation: CCSI, CCSA, and CSCSA - Hillsboro, OR
- 3/10 - 3/12 Intermediate Digital Imaging - Bellevue, WA
- 3/16 - 3/20 RS&A - The Analysis and Comparison of Footwear Impression Evidence – Maynard, MA
- 3/23 - 3/27 RS&A Advanced ACE-V Applications for Fingerprint Examiners - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- 3/23 - 3/27 Basic Bloodstain Pattern Recognition Course - Taylorsville/Salt Lake City, UT
- 3/23 - 3/27 Basic Crime Scene Investigation - Columbus, MT
- 4/7 - 4/9 Advanced Digital Imaging - Fort Pierce, FL
- 4/13 - 4/17 Shooting Reconstruction - Dayton, OH
- 4/20 - 4/24 Crime Scene Investigations - Richmond, TX
- 4/20 - 4/24 Essentials of Latent Print Examination Establishing Admissibility - Little Rock, AR
- 4/27 - 5/1 RS&A Understanding Exclusion and Sufficiency Decisions - Colorado Springs, CO
- 4/27 - 4/29 Analysis of Distortion in Latent Prints - Woodbridge, VA
- 5/4 - 5/6 Analysis of Distortion in Latent Prints - Minneapolis, MN
- 6/8 - 6/12 Essentials of Latent Print Examination Establishing Admissibility - Clearwater, FL
- 6/22 - 6/24 Analysis of Distortion in Latent Prints - St. Louis, MO
- 7/6 - 7/8 Staged Crime Scene Investigations - Pensacola, FL
- 7/13 - 7/17 Advanced Crime Scene Investigations - Shreveport, LA
- 7/20 - 7/24 Advanced Bloodstain Pattern Analysis - Richmond, TX
- 7/27 - 7/31 Advanced Crime Scene Investigations - North Palm Beach, FL
- 10/26 - 10/30 Advanced Bloodstain Pattern Analysis - North Palm Beach, FL
- 11/17 - 11/19 RS&A Examination of Simultaneous Impressions - Colorado Springs, CO